|Job Description :
||Building Operations Manager
Department Department of Environmental Quality
County Location Oklahoma OK
Date Opened 3/2/2022 08:00:00 AM
Filing Deadline 3/16/2022 11:59:00 PM
Salary $2,073.91 – $2,343.60 Bi-Weekly
Full or Part Time Full-Time
This position is located in Administrative Services Division – Building Operations Section in Oklahoma City, OK
This position oversees the day-to-day operation of a large building housing approximately 450 employees. Responsible for care and maintenance of office furnishing, the building itself and all associated HVAC equipment. This individual supervises a team of full-time custodians charged with both routine cleaning and disinfecting as well as special projects related to building cleanliness. This position works cooperatively with code inspectors, other government entities, contractors, and professional clientele, such as building engineers, electricians, plumbers and other trade specialists. Overseeing the quality of the work performed by contractors is a key role for this position.
Major Job Duties:
1. Planning, organizing, and directing all routine maintenance of the office building and surrounding grounds. This includes making routine repairs of existing equipment and office furnishings as well as planning and scheduling long range maintenance, repair, and replacement of same.
2. Handling purchasing and procurement for all phases of building maintenance. This includes ordering and stocking supplies, planning and developing contracts for large scale services in electrical, plumbing and related areas.
3. Planning, organizing, and directing a team of five full time custodians to clean a large office building. This includes planning, directing, and overseeing the work performed by the team, handling performance evaluations, and recruitment and hiring replacement staff as needed.
4. Planning, organizing, and directing part time employees handling other maintenance-related tasks such as painting, carpet and tile removal and replacement, and other miscellaneous duties. This includes planning, directing, and overseeing the work performed by the team, handling performance evaluations, and recruitment and hiring replacement staff as needed.
5. Advises on future resource requirements, and priorities for ongoing, efficient operation of office building, parking garage and associated grounds. Estimates timetables for accomplishing assigned activities, develops policies and guidelines for the team as well as wider ranging policies that affect the workforce at large.
6. Handles safety-related planning and tasks to ensure that the workplace is as safe as possible and the agency is following all relevant state, federal and local safety rules.
Computer Skills – Employee must be capable of proficiently using DEQ standard software (Microsoft Office – Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, and Teams).Certifications in areas relative to construction and building trades are a plus.Other experience involving highly technical or administrative duties are a plus.Knowledge of the relevant regulations and experience in government procurement is a plus.Applicant must be able to lift 25 lbs. independently and will be required to stand several hours per day. Occasionally will be required to work after hours or on weekends to maintain basic operational needs or for emergency demands.
An EEO Employer
Education and experience requirements at this level consist of a bachelor’s degree and three years in a supervisory or management setting and a minimum of three years working in physical plant operations, and/or HVAC, mechanical and plumbing operations; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one year of qualifying experience for each year of the required education.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.