|Job Description :
Community Delivery Admin-Corp
A rewarding career that fits your life. Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, apply today.
This is a great role for highly motivated, self starter that is interested in the legal and business aspects of the academic affiliation between Banner and the University of Arizona. Get to work with a variety of interesting people, doing interesting things in a very unique role. Role can be performed largely remote with occasional visits to campus.
This position manages all of the special provisions created out of affiliation agreement between Banner and University of Arizona, including support for leaders in the Division with navigating the process. They will also assists with other physician service contracts and track Medical Director timekeeping and monitors payments. This is a critical role for keeping the Division organized in these areas given the complexity of our relationship with University of Arizona. The role serves as a resource to the Banner University Medicine community to assist with education, navigation, implementation, and tracking of the individual legal arrangements that underpin services provided between BUMD, the University of Arizona Colleges of Medicine, other Banner organizations, and sometimes outside organizations. Works with a variety of stakeholders, including Banner University Medical Group administration and physician executives, Department Chairs and Administrators, the Colleges of Medicine, Banner Legal, and others as needed.
This can be a remote position if you live in or near the following citystate(s) only: Phoenix, AZ,
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you’ll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position administers contracts for the organization. This position participates in the development and implementation of contract management tools and processes to assist in achieving the organization’s contracting objectives and strategies.
1. Conducts initial review of proposed contract language. Reviews and revises proposed contracts, ensuring compliance with company policy/guidelines and legal requirements. Assess business terms to be sure the contract supports the company/business unit goals. Works directly with vendors/payer to negotiate and resolve contract issues, preparing contract documents for approval and execution by appropriate company leader.
2. Drafts and reviews contracts or other related documents for execution by appropriate company leader. Verifies intent of proposed contract with internal and external customers (including company and vendor/payer legal counsel).
3. Serves as a resource for internal and external clients to interpret contract language and resolves contract issues by reviewing and interpreting contract terms and originating contract documentation.
4. For assignments in managed care: Conducts analyses and compiles data for review of strategic contract terms for management review and decision making to specified areas of concern. Participates in contract monitoring and support tools (matrices), by reviewing and interpreting contracts, extracting key information for use by internal and/or external customers, and keeping abreast of changes in company locations for inclusion in various matrices. Maintains contract and correspondence file systems, key activity dates report (with corresponding notices of changes to external customers) and contract workflow log.
5. May participate in major projects as needed.
6. This position works independently, reviewing, writing and revising contract language. This position works with vendors or other payers to negotiate contracts which are within company policy/guidelines and legal requirements. Internally interfaces with all levels of company management. Externally interfaces with vendors or other payers.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent’s immediate manager.
Experience consistent with a Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare or related field required.
Requires three plus years of legal experience preferably relating to contract drafting, preparation and analysis. Must possess demonstrated skill in problem analysis and resolution; contract management; oral and written communication. Requires highly developed interpersonal and listening skills. Must be able to function independently, possess demonstrated flexibility in multiple project management. Requires strong computer and database skills. Assignments in managed care require strong contract writing skills as well as patient financial claims systems knowledge.
Certified Paralegal certification is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.