|Job Description :
VF Corporation is opening a new Distribution Center in Ontario, CA in November 2022 . We’re creating more than 500 new jobs over the next three years to distribute our Vans ® brand. This opening will be a phased approach, and this role will be supporting the facility prior to and during its phased operational opening. You can access all VF job openings for this DC as they are made available at vfc.com .
VF is committed to delivering innovative products and experiences to consumers. As one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies, we’re proud of our socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning geographies, product categories and distribution channels. With 119 years of experience transforming ourselves in an ever-changing global marketplace, we constantly learn from the past, but live in the future.
Many of our brands are well-known leaders in their respective categories. Some of them have become iconic. The Ontario DC associates will primarily be supporting the Vans brand , with the opportunity for brand expansion in the future :
Vans : The Vans brand has been connecting with youth culture to promote creative self-expression, authenticity and progression for nearly 50 years, while linking the brand’s deep roots in action sports with art, music and street culture.
Other VF brands include Timberland ®, The North Face ®, JanSport ® and Dickies ®, among others. Employee discounts on VF apparel and footwear are generous, making it easy for our employees to buy, wear and promote our products.
Director , Facilities Maintenance: Become the Newest Member of the VF Family
The primary responsibility of the Director , Facilities Maintenance is to provide vision and leadership to the facilities and maintenance team s . This position will report to the VF Ontario DC facility leader and will lead a team of 10-20 hourly and salaried associates, including supervisors. This position ensures that t he facilities and maintenance team s provide expertise and service for the operation on each shift , and is responsible for procurement of materials, parts, and services that support the maintenance of all automated and material handling equipment.
How You Will Make a Difference:
Oversees the facilities maintenance operations for the VF Ontario DC , leading to the optimal utilization of the facility.
Manages and develops facilities and maintenance associates of diverse backgrounds to ensure performance goals are achieved and VF policies are maintained. Ensures all shifts are adequately staffed and plans work accordingly. Grows the careers of each member of the facilities maintenance team by leading through their supervisory team. Provide guidance, advice, and training for direct reports.
Maintains VF standards, OSHA standards , and environmental standards and codes to ensure all federal and state regulations are successfully implemented to meet requirements incl uding NFPA70e, LOTO, Hot Works, and Confined Space Entry .
Communicates with all levels of management at the facility to keep informed o f all maintenance issues , and provides solutions. Ensures there are no equipment or automation roadblocks to operation of facilit y .
Reviews processes and equipment , and oversees projects to improve or enhance the capabilities of automation in the facility.
Ensure facilities maintenance work follows safety standards, conforms to specifications, and work orders are tracked and completed within the budgeted guidelines .
Analyzes expenses to ensure budget goals are met. Analyz es pay data, labor, and expense reports to determine budget variances.
Coordinates the procurement of all parts and services required to maintain facility and equipment.
Manage the assessment and evaluation of the physical space requirements of the organization and implement plans to meet needs .
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 10 + years
Bachelor ’s Degree in Industrial Maintenance or Engineering – preferred .
Two-year technical training or Journeymen certification.
10 + years’ experience with industrial maintenance to include electro-mechanical systems , machining/fabrication , and automated sortation and packaging .
3+ years’ experience leading a team of people leaders.
Extensive knowledge of electrical troubleshooting, programmable logic, conveyor systems, barcode scanning , process flow and improvement , warehouse control systems, and project management.
Demonstrates an in depth understanding of distribution processes including, automated storage, retrieval, packaging, and sortation.
Working knowledge of HR policies, WRAP, IPM, OSHA, State and Federal codes.
Proficient at planning work schedules.
Strong purchasing/ negotiation skills.
Strong management and career development skills .
Strong budgeting and financial monitoring skills.
Strong communication skills required to deal with all levels of management and hourly associates .
Expertise in computer programs and applications (Excel, Word , CMMS, Controller programming ).
Sub Job Family Description: Perform a variety of general labor tasks related to the maintenance of the buildings/grounds.___* Oversee the maintenance of buildings and grounds for the organization* Oversee and prepare cost estimates for renovations, and expansions* Manage utility systems to ensure full and efficient operations* Typically responsible for leading a team of professionals
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
* Bachelor’s degree in a related field; Master’s degree preferred *Equivalent years of experience in a substantially similar industry may be considered in lieu of a degree to be determined by the nature of the specific job and the hiring manager’s criteria* Generally ten years of progressive experience with five years of managerial experience* Strong organization and communication skills
Knowledge & Application:
* Department manager with expert knowledge in more than one specialized field and broad knowledge of several related disciplines within a function* Requires broad theoretical knowledge or advanced knowledge of highly specialized fields and their interrelationships* Directs the application of existing principles and guides development of new policies and ideas across a discipline/departmental area* Leads the development of new policies/ideas in own discipline
* Problems are unclearly defined and sufficient information may not be available* Requires conceptual thinking to understand complex issues and their implications* Solutions may need to be devised based on limited information* Implementation of solutions often requires a longer term perspective* Solutions must take into consideration multiple perspectives and future implications* May in certain instances require judgment to devise and apply new concepts and solutions
* Required to convey complex information and persuade several diverse stakeholders/audiences often across multiple cultures* Develops recommendations to sell ideas or services* Information is non-routine in nature* Frequently advises others on complex matters
* Translates functional vision into plans for the functional discipline and guides their execution * Significantly impacts the results of one or more discipline areas* Impact is on medium- to long-term departmental goals
* Accountable for departmental results which will impact the entire function* Accountable for departmental budget* Accountable for financial impact which may be broad and have a far-reaching impact on the business segment* Full people management accountability including resourcing and exit decisions * Resourcing decisions likely to be signed off by higher authority