|Job Description :
||Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Practice Supervisor is primarily responsible for managing the day-to-day front–end operations of an ambulatory practice. Practice Supervisor is responsible for implementing and maintaining MSHS policies and procedures related to front-end practice operations, including Patients First! service standards and staffing models. The Practice Supervisor is responsible for supervising the front-end staff in the Practice; and for performing any of the related roles as staffing contingencies requires. The Supervisor oversees the reception, checkout and clerical functions, handles scheduling issues as needed, addresses patient concerns, and participates in gathering information on customers’ perceptions and preferences.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. 1. Monitors and assist staff with their day to day activities including clinic and physician scheduling, call volumes and surge treads, along with strict adherences to department service standards.
2. 2. Review staff appointment scheduling for accuracy and completeness to maintain the highest levels of right appointment at the right time with the right physician. When needed, communication with the Administrator or members of the Medical Team to handle any scheduling decisions.
3. 3. Assists in the preparation of daily, monthly and year end reporting.
4. 4. Assists in creating training materials and scheduling guidelines, along with continued training of staff with scheduling appointments.
5. 5. Maintains high quality levels of customer service and data integrity in the management of patient calls – monitoring performance using the Automated Call Distribution and Par8to referral database standardized reports and working with staff to ensure understanding of software procedures.
6. 6. Provides next level of guidance and assistance with escalated MyChart calls.
7. 7. Ensures appropriate reimbursement for services. Plans and organizes orientation and in-service training for staff members on insurance verification and co-pay collection procedures.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience required
Previous experience in a customer service role, supervisory role, and healthcare setting preferred
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity, equity, and inclusion are key drivers for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education, and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together. We invite you to participate actively as a part of the Mount Sinai Health System team by:
Using a lens of equity in all aspects of patient care delivery, education, and research to promote policies and practices to allow opportunities for all to thrive and reach their potential
Serving as a role model confronting racist, sexist, or other inappropriate actions by speaking up, challenging exclusionary organizational practices, and standing side-by-side in support of colleagues who experience discrimination
Inspiring and fostering an environment of anti-racist behaviors among and between departments and co-workers
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people and to create an inclusive, welcoming and nurturing work environment where all feel they are valued, belong, and are able to professionally advance. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, contribute to the patient experience and quality of patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our history!
Who We Are
Over 42,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) provides equal employment opportunity to all its employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, disability, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, veteran, immigration, citizenship, or other protected status.
EOE including Veterans and Disabled